Please note:  Development Permits are required for driveways,new buildings, demolition, shoreline modifications, tree removal, and Private Sewage Installations (see note*).  Fines will be levied and stop orders posted if this is not adhered to.  Development Permits can be printed on line or can be picked up at the Summer Villages Office.  If you are not sure if a development permit is required please check the Land Use Bylaw #161, the Development Permit Application, or Contact the Development Officer at 780-586-2494.

***Private Sewage Permits- as per Bylaw #232, a new holding tank MUST be inspected by Superior Safety Codes prior to being back filled, so please have your certified installer coordinate a date with them to be on site for proper inspection. Failure to do so will result in the holding tank being dug back up for Inspection.***   

Additionally, permits are required for building, demolition, electrical, plumbing and gas. These permits must be obtained from Superior Safety Codes Inc. @ 1-888-358-5545 or @ 403-358-5545 once your Development Permit has been approved.  For information please contact our Development Officer at 780-586-2494.  

Please Note: Placards are issued with the Development Permit and must be in full view at the work site at all times while the work is in progress.  Failure to follow the process of having the required Permits could result in a Stop Order being issued by the Development Officer or the Bylaw Enforcement Officer.